Monday, March 28, 2011

A frustratingly lengthy summarization of Hyrum's life.

I suppose that as we're taking turns to write on our blog, it's now my turn to write a few updates. Let's see...

Well, very quickly, I got my driver's license, contacts (goodbye glasses!!), made the all-state band, have joined the track team and am loving it. I'm working more on my piano, which is frustrating as progress is slow, and I seem to have little natural talent for it, but I persevere anyway. I've pretty much got "Waterfall" by Jon Schmidt down, just working out the myriads of kinks, and have begun to look into "All of Me" by the same guy (Gosh that one's hard!). Of course, I work regurlarly on hymns because that's just great stuff to be able to play. I've also gotten into bonsai the past year, and have started a few of my own! Great stuff, look it up online if you don't know it by it's name. You'll recognize it I'm sure. I've just sent in my applications to be a life guard over the summer at the public pool, and sent in my eagle scout papers. I'm also just getting into the season in life where I need to start looking into college applications and scholarships. Thus far, BYU in Provo is my first pick, and I'm still considering fields to major in. And in case there's any doubt in any of your minds, yes, I am looking forward to going on a mission! More or less, that's what's happening this school year. That's not enough info for someone to steal my identity or something, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment